ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE 2nd CALL
For the 2015 PRASA-RobMech International Conference
The 26th Annual Symposium of the Pattern Recognition Association of South Africa (PRASA)
The 8th Conference of Robotics and Mechatronics (RobMech) of South Africa
Port Elizabeth, South Africa on
The PRASA-RobMech International Conference, in association with IEEE RAS, SAIEE and SAIMechE, provides a platform to showcase and gauge the current state of pattern recognition methods and applications, advanced robotics and mechatronics research in South Africa. Research facilities in southern Africa and beyond are invited to submit their work for presentation. The symposium is open to all industries, research institutions and hobbyists. The symposium brings together researchers, academics, application engineers, users and policy makers of CAD/CAM/Pattern recognition, robotics and factory automation.
For PRASA Track, we invite you to submit original papers in any related area, including but not limited to:
Classifiers and related topics, Speech processing, Speech recognition, Text to speech systems, Natural language processing,
Computer vision and image processing, Bio-pattern recognition, Bioinformatics, Signal processing, Remote sensing, Artificial intelligence,
Machine learning, End-user applications and systems
For RobMech Track, any and all Robotics and Mechatronics topics will be considered, topics will include but are not limited to:
FMS Artificial Intelligence, Knowledge Based Systems, Information Technology Applied to Manufacturing, Computer-Aided Engineering Education,
Sensors and Applications, Robots and Automation, Lean Manufacturing Logistics, Modelling and Simulation Scheduling, Rapid Prototype,
Management of Technology, Operations Management, Education and Training, Agile Manufacturing, Mechatronics, Distributed Control Systems,
Manufacturing Neural Networks, Mobile robotics, Mining robotics.
Important dates and deadlines
- Closing date for submission of full paper:
- Notification of paper acceptance:
- Conference registration opens:
- Final date for submission of print ready papers:
- Deadline for registration: .
Welcome to the 2015 PRASA-RobMech International Conference. Please remember to register for the 2015 Conference.
Submitted papers and posters must follow the IEEE conference proceedings (templates available in column to the right) and be submitted in PDF format. The following formats are invited in English, the official conference language:
- Full papers: Original and unpublished research contributions, limited to a minimum of four (4) pages and a maximum of six (6) pages. Accepted papers will have an oral presentation of length 15-20 minutes, including questions and feedback. A maximum of two paper presentations will allowed per delegate registration;
- Work-in-progress: Papers may also be submitted as incomplete or work-in-progress (as marked on the submission site). These papers will be presented in a poster session. Note that these papers will not be accredited or appear in the conference proceedings!
Use this link for submissions:
A detailed programme will be made available before the conference starts.
Last Updated (20 July 2015)